6/19/13

That darn inner knitter again

So I've been working hard on the top. I'd like to get it done soonish if I could. I mainly stopped today because of work. But there's been this little voice going off in my head that the final piece is going to be too big. Well, more too long. I've tried holding it up to myself to see where it will fall. From that it's mid to lower hip. Which isn't a bad length for a top, but I'd rather it be a bit shorter. Odd thing? When I measure the blocks to get an idea of my gauge, everything come out about a quarter inch smaller than it should. Also? I've not actually swatched (okay, we crafters know that's a word, we should teach spell check a thing or two) and washed the yarn yet. Maybe I should do that.

Yeah, I've taken a block off the top too. Mainly because that's when I first "tried" it on and it looked like it was going to be plenty long then. We'll see where I am when I get around to posting next.

Oh, and part of the reason I'd like it done soonish is because there's a family reunion next weekend and will likely be family pictures. I'd love to have a nice knitted top to wear for that. We'll just have to see how things go. (Yes, I'm aware that I'm probably very crazy for setting that deadline and will likely kill my wrist in the process. Leave me alone.) Any suggestions on what to do are welcome.

Bright Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment