11/8/13

Opps

I didn't mean to go quiet there like I did. Granted, I take most people know that I'm participating in NaNoWriMo, and a lot of my energies are going there to make sure that I'm staying on track. (Even though if I go to Write or Die I can get 2000 words done in an hour. I generally only go there as a last resort.) Lately I've been having trouble getting a story together that holds my interest for the month. (Granted, I've promised a friend one of the coupons I get if I win, so I'm invested in that way in winning.)

I'm not really knitting right now. Mostly because I'm not one who can intersperse my writing down time with knitting. Maybe I'm odd, but knitting takes my mind off the story at hand. (But looking at another screen to deal with an in-game crisis there doesn't, I never claimed to be normal. (Actually, to that point, I take being called weird a compliment.)) My normal set up is I have my little writing laptop on my lap and a different computer on my desk running a game that doesn't take all of my attention. (I have a couple games that work in that respect.) Something about that distracted writing lets the words come easier. I'm sure there's a whole bunch of people who want to yell at me for how I write. That's writing fiction. When I'm working on pattern writing about all I'm doing is sitting there with my little computer (I may have both running, I may not, it honestly depends) and knitting and working on getting that written up. It's a different process that takes more focus, fiction writing for me is more a matter of getting out of my own way to let the words come, and being distracted from the task at hand helps me in that. It may not work for everyone, and it's not something I'd recommend. Mainly because I'd recommend finding what works for you to get writing and get's the words on the page.

If you want to see how I'm doing you can check here. There's not really a place there for cheering on, but if you feel moved to do that, you can always do so in the comments here.

Bright Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment