3/11/13

More blocks

So the first block up right now is (runs off to get her book, sorry it got moved from my normal place a couple weeks ago) little check. Pretty simple and easy to get the hang of, and no twisted stitches to fuss about. Though, so far I'm not quite sure what I'd use most of these for, but I'm sure something will rear it's head at some point and I'll have just the thing. That and I like looking for stuff for socks every so often. (Like it looks like I'm going to be making a few pairs of thigh high socks, partly for the heck of it partly for skirts in winter.) The other block is garter and rib check. I liked it. I'm not sure if I can explain why, maybe looking at it will help you understand.
I think some of it is the differences in how rib and garter stitches act and they you put them together and make them play nice. It's certainly not something that I would have come up with on my own. Might be able to find a use for this. We'll just have to see. If any of you have ideas, feel free to share them in the comments.

Bright Blessings and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment